History Primate Study Center (PRC) LPPM-IPB
Pusat Studi Satwa Primata, Institute for Research and Community-Institut Pertanian Bogor (PRC, LPPM-IPB) perform a variety of activities to implement vision and mission. In accordance with the Rector Decree No. 080 / C / 1990 which has formed the USDP LPPM. The study center is the duty and responsibility to achieve the objectives of the IPB mainly to support the achievement World Class University and Research Based University.
Primate Study Center LPPM established by Decree No. Rector. 080/C / 1990 dated 28 July 1990, to achieve the noble desire and a shared concern over the state of the following strategic:
- Indonesia primate species comprising 35 type (now suspected 40 type) with various types of habitat involved to make Indonesia as the country with the second tngkat biodiversity in the world.
- Indonesia primate species have become flag-species the national conservation movement and an umbrella (umbrella) pelestarian bioregional.
- Thanks to the phylogenetic similarity, Indonesia primate species proven and has a promising future as laboratory animals / animal models in biomedical research programs nationally and internationally for human welfare.
- Diversity primate species and ecosystems provide extraordinary contribution in the development of a comparative study of biology, life science, anthropology and medicine as well as the quality of the environment.
- IPB capabilities in human resource development, science and technology and research-based policy will also be a milestone primatology moral strength and competitiveness in the national wildlife conservation primates, improved quality of life and income of the state and welfare of human beings.